History

 

Baguio Country Club is one of the oldest clubs in the country. Established in 1905, shortly after the Americans “discovered” the cool weather and pine trees of Baguio, the Americans quickly settled here in the Cordillera Region. A country club was exclusively built to be the playground of elite and vacationing Americans. Called the Baguio Country Club, this club used to be a symbol of American colonial rule.

But years passed and after the Philippines attained its independence from the colonizers, by the middle of the century, Baguio Country Club metamorphosed into an association with a “totally Filipino imprint” through the efforts of the late Roman Ozaeta and the late Chairman Atty. Potenciano Ilusorio.

Today, after years of undergoing renovations and developments, the Baguio Country Club stands mighty and proud with its achievements. Enjoying its family of more than 2000 members and thousands of guests who frequent the club year round, Baguio Country Club is undoubtedly one of the country’s premiere vacation spot.