BCC NEW TELEPHONE LINES:
In line with the club’s efforts to upgrade telecommunications and offer better services that will feature Caller ID and voice recording of conversations between the operator and the caller, listed below are the new BCC telephone numbers, effective February 01, 2005.
(74) 6192050 to (74) 6192054
To maintain the club’s standards for elegance and propriety, we respectfully remind our members and guests to strictly comply with the dress code.
VERANDAH, COTTERMAN PAR7, HAMADA,PASTRY SHOP, LOBBY, ROMULO READING ROOM, WOLFSON ROOM, TRAINING CENTER, BALLROOM AND RECREATIONS CENTER
The following are NOT ALLOWED:
Japanese or Rubber Slippers (tsinelas)
tank tops or “hiphop shirts”
swimsuits or swimming trunks
All users of the Tennis and Badminton courts are required to dress appropriately in tennis/badminton attire with tennis/badminton shoes.
All users of the swimming pool are required to dress appropriately in swim suit (one piece or two piece, for women) and swimming trunks for men
All golfers are required with internationally accepted dress codes as follows;
slacks/walking shorts with socks
golf shoes with soft spikes
jeans, denims, maong pants and sleeveless shirts for men ARE NOT ALLOWED
Complimentary Room Night Coupon (CRN)
Complimentary room night coupons are issued to all dues paying active members, active Special Courtesy Members and Honorary Life Members in good standing valid from January 2 to December 23, 2006 & except on the dates specified /contained in the CRN coupon and on government declared long weekends and/or holidays, subject to room availability and confirmation.
The Club may honor the use of CRN on restricted dates for chance booking or those with no reservations, subject to availability of rooms.
Members may pass on their CRN to their guests. Coupons must be used during the incumbent membership of the sponsor or in lieu thereof, the written sponsorship of another member in good standing.
Guests will be charged for guest’s fee and will be required to present a letter of introduction from the sponsoring member.
Members are advised to sign on the space provided at the back of the CRN coupon for proper endorsement of their guest’s use of the CRN.
CRN coupons have no commercial value and the sale or exchange for valuable consideration shall result to their nullification. Any fraudulent use thereof shall be a ground for disqualification from CRN porograms in the future.
Only food (except deli items) and beverages are included in the daily minimum required consumption. Charges for extra occupant, extra bed or mattress and driver’s quarters shall be billed accordingly.
CRN coupons CANNOT be used to apply or cover for “NO SHOW” or “LATE CANCELLATION” room charges.
Cost of replacement for lost coupons will be charged accordingly.
CRN not surrendered upon check-in shall be accepted within 3 days from date of check-out. Otherwise regular room rate applies.
CRNs are applicable for groups or conferences during the months of June to September only with the following terms and conditions:
a. The group must book a minimum of 20 room nights.
b. All meal requirements of the group during their stay must be catered by the Club and meet the minimum requirement per person per day as follows:
Minimum of 20 room nights – CRN required patronage is Php 1,750/person/night excluding VAT
Minimum of 50 room nights – CRN required patronage is Php 1,450/person/night excluding VAT
Minimum of 80 room nights – CRN required patronage is Php 1,200/person /night excluding VAT
Required Patronage for Individual bookings are as follows:
Deluxe – 1CRN/night – Php896/person/night with VAT
Superior Deluxe – 1CRN/night – Php 896/person/night with VAT
Junior Suite – 2 CRN/night – Php 896/person/night with VAT
Executive Suite – 3 CRN/night – Php 896/person/night with VAT
Junior Pres. Suite – 6 CRN/night – Php 4,480/night with VAT
Presidential Suite – 7 CRN/night – Php 6,160/night with VAT
Cottage (3br) – 5 CRN/night – Php 5,040/night with VAT
Cottage (2br) – 4 CRN/night – Php 3920/night with VAT
Cottage (1br) – 2 CRN/night – Php 2,800/night with VAT
***CRNs are not applicable for Cottage 100
GREEN FEE CERTIFICATE GUIDELINES
The 2006 Green Fee Certificates have been sent out to members in good standing since the first week of June. Kindly acknowledge the receipt of the GFCs as soon as possible.
Members are to pass on their Green Fee Certificates to their guests. Certificates must be used during the incumbent membership of the sponsor or in lieu thereof , the written sponsorship of another member in good standing.
A guest using the certificate/s is required to present a letter of introduction from the sponsoring member and shall be directed to the Front Desk to get a Guest Card for his/her signing privilege. Guest Fee is waived.
Green Fee Certificates have no commercial value and the sale or exchange thereof for valuable consideration result in their nullification.
The required minimum patronage of GFC users is Php 560.00 (vat included) on Food and Beverage or on the use of bowling, billiards, table tennis, tennis, darts or badminton facilities.
Frozen deli at the bakeshop cannot be charged to the minimum required consumption on food and beverage.
Lost certificates will not be replaced.
All are highly urged to strictly comply with the dress code of the golf course. Those not in proper golfing attire are not allowed to play.
The caddy fee for 9 holes is Php 200.00 and Php 300.00 for 18 holes.
To all Valued Members:
Please be advised that beginning November 2, 2004, Metrobank will be accepting bills payments only from Metrobank depositors, Metrobank and PSBank credit card holders, and Philippine AXA life and Philippine Charter Policy holders.
When presenting your bills for payment, kindly present proof that you are a Metrobank client by bringing any of the following:
Current Metrobank passbook
Metrobank check certificate of deposit/placement
Metrobank Electronic Teller Card
Metrobank credit card
PSBank credit card
Philippine Axa Life or a PhilCharter premium
notice of payment O.R.
For members who are not Metrobank depositors who wish to pay their bills at Metrobank, a minimum service fee of PhP20.00 shall be charged per transaction.
If you wish to continue paying bills through any Metrobank branch nationwide, please apply for an account at a branch near you.
Meanwhile, the following banks are accredited by BCC for bills payment.
/ UNION Bank
/ BPI (enrollees only)
For inquiries, please feel free to contact the Accounts Receivable Department at (074) 442-5060 to 68 local nos. 517/520/587.
Members’ Credit Limit
Types of Membership Credit Limit
Regular Members 300,000.00 100,000.00
Company Participating Members * 300,000.00 100,000.00
Associate Members 100,000.00
Young Professional Members 100,000.00
Special Courtesy Members 100,000.00
Diplomatic Mission Members 100,000.00
Honorary Life Members 300,000.00 100,000.00
Absentee Members — no credit limit
but all charges incurred during stay
or use of the Club should be fully
paid in cash upon departure.
Special Guest Card Holders 30,000.00
Applicant Temporary Card Holders 30,000.00
Reciprocal Members 30,000.00
Honorary Members (by virtue of their
positions in government. e.g. President of the Phil.,
Mayor, Congressman, etc.) 30,000.00
Cash Paying Guests 30,000.00
Corporate (Per Nominee)
New Baguio Individual Resident Membership
16,500.00 (net of Discount)
*Not subject to Value Added Tax
Young Professional Membership 750.00 8,250.00 net of Discount
Special Courtesy Membership 1,500.00 billed on the month of usage
Absentee Membership P5,000.00 per year
REQUIRED PATRONAGE FEES:
1,500.00 per month
18,000.00 per year, cumulative & consumable (until December 31)
LOCKER FEES – 330.00
ACCREDITED PAYMENT CENTERS;
Union Bank of the Philippines
(All Branches Nationwide)
*** Please secure BILLS PAYMENT SLIP.. Always indicate the complete name and membership number when making a payment.
Account Name: BAGUIO COUNTRY CLUB CORPORATION
Account No. 0640014471
Bank of the Philippine Islands
BCC Manila Office
10/F Ramon Magsaysay Center
Roxas Boulevard, corner Dr. J. Quintos
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE DEPARTMENT
Telephone No. 619-2050 to 64
Extension Nos. 517, 520 & 587
Fax No. (074) 4434610
NEW Guest Card Guidelines
Guests are issued guest cards from Reception for a stated period. Below are guidelines for the cards’ use.
1) Guests present cards whenever using any facilities of the club; a “NO CARD, NO SERVICE” policy is implemented in all outlets.
2) The use of the guest card in non – transferable. A guest to whom a guest card is issued is not permitted to introduce or bring in other guest/s or visitor/s to the club.
3) Extension of use or change of information for/in a guest card must be arranged with the Front Desk. Tampered cards are not honored.
4) Lost guest cards must be immediately reported to the Front Desk, this for appropriate replacement to avoid inappropriate use.
5) Guests surrender their cards to the Front Desk when their departure from the Club.
6) Billeted guests are required to present cards when claiming room keys at the Front Desk.
7) Effective September 1, 2004, guest fees are to be based on the total accumulated charges incurred for the duration of stay and/or use of facilities by guests as follows:
PhP 50, 000.00 and above Waived
40,000.00 – 49,999.99 5% of total charges
30,000.00 – 39,999.99 6% of total charges
20,000.00 – 29,999.99 7% of total charges
10,000.00 – 19,999.99 8% of total charges
5,000.00 – 9,999.99 10% of total charges
4,999.99 and below 15% of total charges
Above fees are determined just prior to settlement.
We strictly implement a No Card, No Service policy.
Please present your card to avail of service at any BCC outlet.
Members, guests, and visitors shall not personally
reprimand any employee under any circumstances.
Complaints should be submitted in writing to the General Manager.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS WHO HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR 60-DAYS LISTING
The names of applicants for membership, after having been screened by the Membership Committee and Board of Directors, shall be listed for sixty (60) days on the club’s bulletin board in Baguio, likewise at the Manila office, and shall be published in the club’s official newsletter before being elected to membership.
During the 60- day listing period, an applicant must seek an interview with at least three members of the Board of Directors and/or Advisors of the Club. Failure to comply with the interview requirement within the listing period will be ground to consider the application abandoned or deferred for an indefinite time.
Applicants for membership and their dependents may use the club facilities during the listing period as guests of the club under the following guidelines:
- An applicant’s temporary card (ATC) will be issued only upon the request of the applicant, to enable him/her and/or his/her dependents to use the facilities of the BCC. The ATC is not transferable and must be presented when using any of the facilities since a “NO CARD, NO SERVICE” policy is enforced. Rules and regulations pertaining to guests shall apply.
- An ATC shall be valid only for a period of 60 days or two months, the time within which the applicant should have been able to complete required interviews.
- All sports, fitness and other facilities used by the applicant and/or his/her dependent/s will be subject to appropriate charges. Free use of sports and fitness facilities shall take effect only when the applicant is elected to membership.
- All accounts incurred by an applicant must be paid to the Front Desk Cashier upon departure from the Baguio Country Club or may be forwarded to the applicant for prompt payment within thirty (30) days from date of receipt of a statement of account. All accounts not promptly paid shall be subject to 6% penalty, compounded monthly. Overdue accounts may be considered as ground for rejection or deferment of the concerned application for membership.
- An applicant will enjoy the privileges of a member, including appropriate discounts and being able to introduce guests or visitors to the club ONLY WHEN ELECTED TO MEMBERSHIP.
- Dues must be paid on the first day of the month immediately following the date an applicant is elected to membership.
- All applicants and their dependents must comply with the guidelines, rules and regulations outlined in all service outlets and facilities and all other rules and regulations of the club, including the prescribed dress code, decorum, and parking rules and regulations.
- An applicant shall be held responsible for the behavior and activities of his/her dependent/s at the club as well as for the payment of their accounts. Any illegal, immoral, offensive, or gross misconduct by an applicant and/or his/her dependent/s will be ground for the rejection of the application for membership.
NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR ABSENTEE MEMBERSHIP
(As approved by the Board of Directors in their meeting last July 27 2005. Effectivity October 1, 2005)
The term for Absentee Membership is limited to a maximum of three (3) years only. If a member wishes to extend his/her said membership beyond the three years, s/he will be required to write the club for renewal, which is subject to the approval of the Board.
The Absentee Membership fee has been increased to Php 5,000.00 per year. It’s payment shall be a prerequisite to an application being submitted to the Board for approval. If a member applies for a three-year term, s/he will be required to pay the fee covering the three-year period (total of Php 15, 000.00), likewise before his/her application is submitted to the BOD.
If the three-year period has lapsed and the concerned member has not applied for renewal, his/her membership shall automatically be placed on active status.
Other terms and conditions regarding Absentee Membership, as embodied in the Amended Rules and Regulations of the club still apply